Rules of Engagement on Bloomington Public Schools Social Media Sites
The goal of Bloomington Public Schools social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) is to share news, photos, and videos about our district, students, schools, staff and upcoming events and to engage with our stakeholders in an open and respectful dialogue.
We invite staff, students, families, and the community to join the conversation by liking, commenting and sharing the BPS news and photos on any of our pages. We ask that users abide by the following guidelines:
- Comments and posts must be appropriate for an educational environment and for community members of all ages.
- Personal attacks or comments that are deemed offensive to any member of the school district or community will not be tolerated. Inappropriate remarks and profanity will be removed, and the poster may be blocked from our sites.
- These platforms are not intended to circumvent regular communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns. While the district makes every effort to respond to direct questions in a timely manner, comments regarding a personal issue with the district, a school or staff member may be removed. If you have a personal issue or concern and wish to share it with district staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to address it.
- Stay on topic. Keep comments and posts related to the news and stories shared by the district.
- Posts regarding product sales or promotions of any sort are not allowed and will be removed.
Social Media Guidelines: Account Managers
Please review our social media guidelines for staff members who manage or are considering creating a social media account to represent a BPS school, program or classroom:
Social Media Guidelines: Staff Use of Personal Social Media
These guidelines are for the personal use of social media while employed by Bloomington Public Schools. If you are an employee contributing to blogs or social media both inside and outside of work, these guidelines pertain to you. We expect all staff members who participate in social media to understand and follow these guidelines.