The Student Advisory Council consists of student volunteers from all of our middle and high schools. Students meet with the School Board throughout the school year. Students respond to requests for advice and answer questions posed by the School Board. As part of its focus on engaging with students, School Board members attend student-led meetings such as student government meetings at the middle and high school levels.
The Student Advisory Council also works to improve and strengthen our community through events like the District-wide Food Drive.
Five sessions for 2017-2018
- 2 high school
- 2 middle school
- 1 combined high school/middle school
Topics generated by
- Student members
- Student council advisors
- School Board members
Program for high school and middle school sessions
- Welcome/introductions: board chair/SAC committee chair
- Break out into small and/or large group discussion
Program for Combined session
- Planning for District-wide Food Drive
Meeting Dates and Times
- October 23, 2017 – High School Representatives
- November 27, 2017 – Middle School Representatives
- January 22, 2018 – High School Representatives
- February 26, 2018 – Middle School Representatives
- April 9, 2018 - High School & Middle School Representatives
All meetings are held from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Oak Grove Middle School
1300 West 106th