BEACON ALP serves students who live within Bloomington Public Schools' attendance area. Students must meet one of the state alternative programming criteria to be eligible. Beacon has several program options throughout the year. (See Beacon Program Options)
Enrollment Information- School within School Program at Kennedy and Jefferson Hybrid Program:
- New students are accepted into BEACON ALP at the beginning of each trimester through a referral from their Kennedy or Jefferson counselor.
- Each student is required to complete a Continual Learning Plan which outlines student goals, requirements and expections of each program.
- If Bloomington is not the students home district, students are encouraged to apply for Open Enrollment through Kennedy High School for participation in the shared program. The Jefferson Hybrid Program is only open to current Jefferson students.
- Student who's class has graduated should consider enrolling at the districts Choice Program.
Enrollment Information- Extended Day Credit Recovery
Enrollment Information- Summer School
- Students must be 16 years of age.
- Each student is required to complete a Continual Learning Plan which outlines student goals, requirements and expections of the program.
- Extended day options start trimester 2 at KHS and JHS. Classes meet 1-2 days per week for 1.5-2 hrs after school hours. Classes are limited to Core Academic Classes.
- Students must attend Jefferson or Kennedy High School to be eligible.
- The student must have failed the course in order to make it up during extended day.
- Students should contact their school counselor about enrollment.
- Bloomington students (grades 9-11) who have been referred by their school counselor have the opportunity to recover credits they have lost during the school year.
- The student must have failed the course in order to make it up during summer school.
- Due to state guidelines, daily attendance is mandatory. The summer school attendance policy will be strictly enforced. Appointments/vacation time must be scheduled outside of summer school hours. Students who miss any time from class will be dropped from summer school and will not be able to earn credit.
- Invite letters/registration will be sent to students at the end of May.
- Bus transportation is provided to Bloomington residents who are on a bus route during the school year.